[ome-devel] defining new STs

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Oct 4 14:31:50 BST 2004

New STs are defined in XML.  All the STs that OME uses are defined this
way (under src/xml/OME/Core).  The STs that the OME system loads during
installation can be found in the manifest file src/xml/CoreXML.
New STs can be incorporated into the system at run-time (including
creation of new tables, columns, etc) by importing XML documents.  Once
imported, they are available as "objects" immediately via the Perl API.

-Ilya