[ome-devel] Re: OME-ImageJ

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 29 19:17:52 GMT 2004

Hi Richard,

We are currently developing two plugins for ImageJ: one that enables
client-side upload to an OME database (OMEUpload), and another that
provides image searching and download capabilities from OME into ImageJ
(OMEDownload). I have posted our latest progress online:
    http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/

Please note that right now, only the OMEUpload plugin is available. We
are just finishing up the preliminary implementation of OMEDownload, and
will be including it online some time this week. We will be continuing
work on these plugins and also integrating the new download
functionality into VisBio as well.

Lastly, the current plugins are very basic and hardly scratch the
surface of what OME is capable of. For example, if you download an image
from OME into ImageJ, perform modifications, then use OMEUpload to
reimport it, the system will not be aware of the connection between the
two sets of pixels, although the OME system is certainly capable of
keeping track of such things.

-Curtis