[ome-devel] Questions and proposals

Richard Beare Richard.Beare at csiro.au
Wed Nov 10 01:07:28 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm still learning my way around OME, so some of my questions are
probably going to be silly. I also have proposals that I'd like advice
on. I'll start with the stupid questions.

1) How do you delete things? I can't find any way of deleting images, or
datasets. I'm thinking mostly of test scenarios rather than general users.

2) There seem to be a lot of tables relating to microscope details in
the database. I can't find where to enter or query this information.

Also, how should I automatically enter information relating to the
capture of images. Is the annotation field the only option? Things like
xyz stage position would be useful to enter.

Ultimately we are going to have a barcode reader identifying slides
prior to scanning so this sort of information needs to go somewhere to.
How much of this sort of thing is ready to go and how much would require
extensions to the semantic types?

3) I'm trying to install the cvs version to see whether it corrects
problems with tiff importing. I get the error:

ERROR LOADING XML FILE
"/home/richardb/OME/src/OME/src/xml/OME/Annotations/classification.ome"
-- OUTPUT: "OME::ImportExport::SemanticTypeImport: While processing
Semantic Type CategoryGroup, existing semantic element Name is stored in
CATEGORY_GROUPS.NAME instead of CATEGORY_GROUP.NAME.

I haven't chased this yet.

The idea I'd like advice on is the inclusion of R in the same way that
matlab has been.

 From my point of view this is important because R is the engine we use
to drive our image analysis. It is also free and could be used for
statistical work on the data retrieved from images.

Where should I start looking to think about this work?

Thanks