[ome-devel] Installation probelms

Asif Jan asif.jan at epfl.ch
Mon Nov 8 07:59:25 GMT 2004

Dear OME Developers,
I am trying to install OME on my Red Hat machine. Things seems to be
going well until the apache configuration step.I have mod_perl 2
configured and working properly on my machine. The OME installer is
checking the GATEWAY_INTERFACE variable and is comparing its value to
CGI-Perl /1.1 instead of  CGI/1.1. The installation fails at the step.

After going through the pain of configuring, reconfiguring I discovered
that this env variable i.e. GATEWAY_INTERFACE is not supposed to be set
to CGI-Perl/1.1. value. Please have a look at

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C__ENV_GATEWAY_INTERFACE__

Can you please tell me how to change the installation script in order to
do an installation with mod_perl version 2.

Thanks in advance,

Asif