[ome-devel] Mass image import failure

Traver Hart traver_hart at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 16:35:03 BST 2004

Hello again -

I think I may have found a bug in the image import module.  I have
successfully imported several tiffs individually and in small groups.
However, when trying to slurp in a directory of 10,500 tiffs (from a
directory of 21,000 files), the system hangs:

-on the Tasks tab, the counter increments to a certain point and then
stops.  (screenshot attached)

-in OME/OMEIS/Files, the files "nnn" and "nnn.info" accumulate until we
reach "999" and "999.info" but no more.  The latest timestamp is on the
999 files.

-there is plenty of disk space and there were no other major
events/processes.

-attempting an additional import of two tiffs also hung, even though
they were using a different process.

Incidentally, no images from the import step are available until all of
them have been processed.

TIA for any help you can provide.