[ome-devel] Getting shoola working

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 23 19:02:37 BST 2004

Hello,

Everything appears to be working well with my new installation of OME
2.2, except the Java UI. I'm not sure the best way to attempt to
diagnose this problem, so I'll explain what I know and hope for
suggestions.

Anyhow, as best as I can tell, the web UI for OME is working fine. I
can log in, etc., without problems. However, when I run the shoola UI,
I always get a "have not logged in" error (see stack trace below). This
doesn't seem to be a firewall issue because even if I run shoola on the
same machine that is hosting OME, the result is the same.

I'm using the 2.2 OME release and the 2.2 shoola release. Any hints as
to what to look into would be most appreciated. Details of my
configuration and error follows.

Thanks for your time,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine

I'm using OME 2.2 on an OS X 10.3.4 box. I get the connect error when
using shoola on a remote OS X 10.3.4 machine, when using shoola on the
local host machine, and when using shoola on a remote W2K SP4 box.

The URL to the OMEDS server in the container.xml file:
(It's just the URL I use to connect to OME over the web UI... is that
right?)
<structuredEntry name="/services/OMEDS" type = "OMEDS">
	<url>http://b473-puff.stanford.edu</url>
</structuredEntry>

httpd access log at the time of the login attempt:
171.65.27.44 - - [23/Jun/2004:10:50:18 -0700] "POST / HTTP/1.0" 405 307

There's nothing in the httpd error log.

Java stack trace:
Abnormal termination due to an uncaught exception.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error.
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.handleException(OMEDSGat
eway.java:117)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.retrieveListData(OMEDSGa
teway.java:304)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.STSAdapter.getAvailableImageTypes(STS
Adapter.java:99)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.browser.BrowserAgent.setContext(Browser
Agent.java:246)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.startService(Container.java:
279)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.Initializer.doInit(Initializer.java:
191)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.runStartupProcedure(Container.ja
va:113)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.access$000(Container.java:79)
	at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container$1.run(Container.java:155)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Have not logged in
	at org.openmicroscopy.ds.XmlRpcCaller.dispatch(XmlRpcCaller.java:387)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.ds.InstantiatingCaller.dispatchList(InstantiatingCall
er.java:143)
	at org.openmicroscopy.ds.DataFactory.retrieveList(DataFactory.java:430)
	at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.retrieveListData(OMEDSGa
teway.java:302)
	... 8 more
Exception in thread "Initializer"