[ome-devel] Importing TIFFs: Bugs 168 & 169

Joshua Moore j.moore at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 16 12:11:04 BST 2004

All,

To keep up with the work on the OME::ImportEngine::TIFFreader I've added
two bugs:
Bug 168 for the Z&T and Bug 169 for the file name patterns. I know that
these are things on the general todo list, but at our site TIFF import
is top priority.

Ilya, you mentioned in your email to Zachary the VisBio software. Is
this a planned UI for getting TIFFs into OME? How exactly would it work?

Also, I've discussed briefly with Chris Allan the possibility of an
incremental import. I'll explain the use case here and see what everyone
thinks:

    The folks at EMBL want to upload the first few steps in a time
series, use the browser to examine those images, and then decide whether
or not to cancel the times series. This, as far as I know, requires
postponing the fixation of the pixels. Is this doable and what would it
look like in the UI?

One last question more to the java crew, what are the plans for
importing from the java client?

Best wishes & good importing,

Josh Moore
DKFZ-Heidelberg