[ome-devel] C/C++ client library for OME::Remote

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 12 21:50:46 BST 2004

Hello,

I've been looking into using the OME::Remote framework in one of my
projects. However, since most of my code is C++ glued together with
python, the existing Java client library doesn't appear to be of direct
use to me.

As such, I might be looking into implementing an XML-RPC client library
for OME in C/C++ so that it could be SWIG-wrapped and used from any
language. (a) Would this be useful to others? If so, I'll spend extra
time on portability and unit tests... (b) Is this a tremendous
undertaking, or something that could be accomplished (given the Java
version as a guide) pretty easily? (c) Would it be a good idea to
simply ape the existing Java interface/implementation, or is that
something of a moving target?

Any thoughts about the advisability/utility of such an endeavor would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine