[ome-devel] Re: Installing on RedHat Enterprise

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Mon Jul 12 16:45:47 BST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:06:15PM +0000, Claude Bonnard wrote:
> Good morning, Chris!
>
> First, thanks for your reply about my message dated Jul 08. Since I did not
> receive an answer, I asked Jason what was going on and he forwarded me the
> message which was posted to the list.
>
> So, a starded again this morning, following your directive (=go on!).
>
> I found a problem with GD, and I follow part of the log below. After several
> tests (reinstalling  with --force option gd-1.8.4-12.i386.rpm and
> gd-devel-1.8.4-12.i386.rpm), I just bypassed this step too, and I am now to an
> unknown..

Can you send me the contents of PerlModuleTask.log? Should be in
/var/tmp/OME/install.

> LSID Authority
>
> What should I put in this? Especially the "defalut Data Directory" ? Maybe i
> missed a configuration help of some manual, in case, which "fm" should I look
> at?

Here, your can just use the hostname, "foobar_machine" for example. Or,
in the best case scenario the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) of the
machine; "foobar_machine.domain.com" for example.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "default data directory," can you
copy and paste the installer question that you're having problems with?

> Thanks again for your help! I stich on hold the install  forthe moment!
> Regards, Claude
>
> ps:
> --
>
> For the GD part, here we go: I have no idea on where is Makefile.PL and
> relative...

No problem, just try and get a hold of the PerlModuleTask.log. :)

Ciao.

-Chris