[ome-devel] How to upload images from a client machine through web i/f

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Aug 30 15:01:19 BST 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:50 PM, Steve Guerrero wrote:

> I recall seeing this feature working on another OME installation.
> Anyone know how to import images from a client machines local disk via
> the web i/f?  By default, OME seems to expect the file to reside in
> the unix home directory on the server machine.

Yup, the design is based around the idea that the directory used by the
microscope is mounted as a share on the back-end's file-system because
that's how all our systems are set up.  However, its easy to add this
feature via an upload form, and we were going to do it but got
distracted by other things.  If you can register this on bugzilla as a
feature request, then there will be a much greater chance (almost a
guarantee!) that we'll put this in our next release.  We can use this
bug to discuss implementation details as well.

http://bugs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/

Thanks
Ilya