[ome-devel] ome-2.2.0 install problem

Dr Mark Fisher mhf at cmp.uea.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 13:12:54 BST 2004

Dear Jason & Team,

I became interested in OME after attending a BMVC presentation you gave
about 12 months back. Been trying to get the system installed for over a
month now; initially by moaning at our support guys and then, after they
complained that they had tried numerous times on several systems, I got
involved myself. I'm using RedHat 9. I am installing from my home directory
/home/mhf/OME using "sudo perl install.pl" . I have apache at
/usr/local/apache and postgres /usr/local.pgsql.

I have been enthusiastically selling OME to my colleagues at JIC and IFR
here in Norwich and really feel a little embarrassed about confessing that
I can't install it...I hope you can help me fix the problem before I need
to meet them again!

You might guess I am very much a perl novice...and after this experience
will probably remain so!

I attach /var/tmp/OME/install/CoreDatabaseTablesTask.log

Thanks

Dr. Mark Fisher, CMP, UEA, Norwich