[ome-devel] RedHat preparation script

johnkjunk at juno.com johnkjunk at juno.com
Wed Aug 25 09:57:10 BST 2004

I wrote a script that prepares RedHat 8/9/Fedora for the OME installation.  I put this with OME 2.2.1 on a CD, so configuring a system is a 3-step process:
  1) Install RedHat / Fedora.  Log in as root.
  2) mount /mnt/cdrom; /mnt/cdrom/ome-depend-install.sh
  3) cd ~ome/OME; perl install.pl

The CD is at:
  http://johnk73web.no-ip.org/ome-rh.iso

Some of the things the script does:
  1) Installs advanced package tool; Installs rpm's needed by OME
  2) Installs perl modules needed by OME
  3) Exports samba directories for OME installation, ome & root accounts
  4) Sets up samba, httpd, postgres to auto-start
  5) Gives full access to postgres database (NOT secure)
  6) Creates ome account
  7) Add OME include to end of apache config file (which OME install hasn't been doing for me)

You still have to suffer through the perl CPAN configuration.  (I'll get around to fixing that eventually.)