[ome-devel] shoola abnormal termination

Andrew Ehrlich andrew at dairysight.com
Tue Aug 10 17:19:09 BST 2004

sh shoola_unix.sh brings me to the login screen.  After I log in, a
dialog appears saying:

"An unforeseen error occurred, the application will exit."

Opening "Details" reveals:

Abnormal termination due to an uncaught exception.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error.
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.handleException(OMEDSGateway.java:117)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.retrieveListData(OMEDSGateway.java:304)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.STSAdapter.getAvailableImageTypes(STSAdapter.java:99)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.agents.browser.BrowserAgent.setContext(BrowserAgent.java:246)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.startService(Container.java:279)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.init.Initializer.doInit(Initializer.java:191)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.runStartupProcedure(Container.java:113)
    at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container.access$000(Container.java:79)
    at org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.Container$1.run(Container.java:155)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Have not logged in
    at org.openmicroscopy.ds.XmlRpcCaller.dispatch(XmlRpcCaller.java:387)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.ds.InstantiatingCaller.dispatchList(InstantiatingCaller.java:143)
    at org.openmicroscopy.ds.DataFactory.retrieveList(DataFactory.java:430)
    at
org.openmicroscopy.shoola.env.data.OMEDSGateway.retrieveListData(OMEDSGateway.java:302)
    ... 8 more
Exception in thread "Initializer"

In container.xml I have put:

     <structuredEntry name="/services/OMEDS" type = "OMEDS">
       <url>http://ome/</url>
     </structuredEntry>

What is meant by the "OME Data Server"? Is that just the root of the server?
The login I used works through the web interface.  Any clues to the problem?
Thanks,
Andrew