[ome-devel] Existing client side code in C

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Tue Aug 10 14:43:27 BST 2004

Joshua:

This all sounds great to me. As far s the XML-RPC/SOAP discussion, i'd
love to hear your thoughts on that topic. Perhaps we should do that
off-list, so as to not swamp others with arcane details..

As far  as the C bindings and JOGL goes, i have a couple of thoughts.
It seems pretty clear that we're making a significant commitment to
Java. I'm always reluctant to suggest to somebody else that they port
code to JOGL, but JOGL is such a thin layer and so close to OpenGL that
it shouldn't be too painful.

having looked into JOGL earlier this year, I'm a little bit concerned
that it may not quite be ready for prime-time? i think it will be there
soon, but maybe not yet.

Can you tell us a bit more about what Tikal does? That might help us
form opinions about whether it would seem worthwhile to port it to
Shoola?

-harry