[ome-devel] Existing client side code in C

Douglas Creager dcreager at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 3 15:47:22 BST 2004

> In principle, one could put together a real skinny layer on top of
> libwww or libcurl to hide the fact that you're just interacting with a
> web site, but that layer would be real skinny and not very exciting,
> so we never bothered.  Do you think one is necessary?

I think the extra layer would be useful.  As Chris pointed out, there
are existing Perl and Java client side libraries for accessing omeis,
which could serve as a nice skeleton for a C version.  The Perl library
is on the OME::Image::Server library in our source code; the Java
library is in the org.openmicroscopy.is.HttpImageServer class.  (The
Java code is in its own repository in CVS; you'll need to check out the
OME-JAVA module instead of the OME module.)

--doug

Douglas Creager <dcreager at alum.mit.edu>
Visiting Scholar, MIT Dept. of Biology
77 Mass Ave, Rm 68-371, Cambridge MA 02139
M: +1 617/501-8340
W: +1 617/452-2955