[ome-users] FIJI bio-formats importer cannot open paths with spaces (from macro)

Clark Andrew Andrew.Clark at curie.fr
Tue Feb 12 12:02:22 GMT 2019

There’s a small issue with calling the bio-formats importer from a FIJI macro. It will not open a file if there is a space anywhere in the file path. For example:

run(“Bio-Formats”, “open=/path/to my/file”);

will raise the following error:

The specified file (/path/to) does not exist.

I tried replacing the spaces with “\ “ or putting the filepath in double quotes, but I get the same error.

This is on a freshly updated FIJI and bio-formats on OSX. There is no problem opening the file using the Bio-Formats importer from the dropdown plugins menu, only running it from a macro script.

Thanks!
andy
____________________
Andrew G. CLARK, PhD