[ome-users] folder under OMERO

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:38:04 BST 2018

On 6 Jun 2018 10:31:07 +0100, Mark Carroll wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
>>       Can I create any folder under the OMERO folder. I'll put my
>>       Database-Dump in a folder called Backup there.
>

> First, kudos for asking first instead of just doing it. (-: Now you have
> me wondering what admins have already done at other sites.

We do the db dumps in another directory.  We have a directory for each
omero server under /var/lib/omero/.  Each of those directories is
backed up via bacula.  Then there's another directory for the database
dumps.  Basically:

    /var/lib/omero/main -> our main omero server
    /var/lib/omero/raff-lab -> another omero server
    /var/lib/omero/dbdupms -> database dumps, named 'dbname-date.sql'

David