[ome-users] Convert HTD to Cellh5 using Bioformats

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Mon Mar 27 16:32:55 BST 2017

Hi ,

I have a question grading the HCS data format cellH5. Basically, I think
it looks really promising and I'd be happy to try it out - of course on
our OMERO! :D

One of our current projects deals with HCS data obtained in the *.HTD
format (download
<https://filesender.switch.ch/filesender/?vid=00488c80-0325-e308-fafe-000008cef24f>,
14 GB).

 From what I have read <http://www.cellh5.org/>, the cellh5 format
should be vastly superior to this and I also noticed that Bio-formats
can read and write *.ch5 image files
<http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.4/formats/cellh5.html>.

Hence my (probably very naive) question: Would you know of a method to
convert our *.HTD dataset to *.ch5?

I have tried something very simple using the bio-formats command line
tools
<http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.4/users/comlinetools/>,
which almost worked  (see below) :)

I saw the console iterate through every image, but the resulting *.ch5
however contained only a single position/image.

My suspicion is that all tiffs contained in the *.HTD where written to
the exact same place in the *.ch5 file, i.e. where overwritten constantly.

Thank you very much for your help!

With best greetings from Basel,
Kai

---
code for windows

--
>>Please note my NEW PHONE NUMBERS: +41 61 207 57 31 (direct) +41 61 207 22 50 (central)<<
Kai Schleicher, PhD | Research Associate in Advanced Light Microscopy | Biozentrum, University of Basel | Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 | CH-4056 Basel |
Phone: +41 61 207 57 31 (direct) +41 61 207 22 50 (central) | kai.schleicher at unibas.ch | www.biozentrum.unibas.ch | www.microscopynetwork.unibas.ch