[ome-users] OMERO username and password

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 12:07:06 BST 2017

Dear Qi,

We are now all back after our annual OME users' meeting, thank you for
your patience. Thank you also for including a detailed screenshot.

> Here is the cmd window. I faced the same error as last time. I can
> pass the diagnostics (with two alert: OMERO.web and Django are not
> installed), and start the admin. But I can't login. The password I
> used at here is the root_password "rootPass". Does this correct? Thank
> you.

With bin\omero db script you do indeed set the root password. However,
when you use bin\omero login then you seem to be accepting the default
user name ReaderStudy instead of providing root's username. The root
password option sets only root's password, no others. You can try,

bin\omero login -u root

to log in as root. After that, for adding the ReaderStudy user,

bin\omero user add -h

might give you some help for creating users, though that will probably
be most easily done through OMERO.web's admin interface once you get
that running.

I should mention that I don't see anywhere that you use the
OMERO5.2__0.sql file created when you ran the bin\omero db script. From
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html#installation
it is the "Initialize your database with the script" step that has the
root password you set take effect in creating a new empty database ready
for use by OMERO.server. If you are in the situation where you want to
preserve existing data in your database but you have somehow lost the
OMERO root user's password then
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/server-security.html#passwords
may be helpful.

Cheers,