[ome-users] FlowSight .cif file opened with low resolution

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Jan 18 17:32:56 GMT 2017

Hi Minh,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

> I'm working on a project that uses Amnis FlowSight .cif , which could be opened by Bioformats (MATLAB version and python-bioformats)
>
> Unfortunately the resolution of the image after being opened by both of the versions are lossy. Can anyone so kind to help me check this out.

I can confirm that Bio-Formats reports images that are approximately
35x35 to 55x55 pixels for the attached
export_to_cif_for_later_tiff.cif.  However, I so far have not been
able to find evidence of higher resolution images in the file.

> I send here 2 screenshots, one that compares between image opened by python-bioformats and its original form (export directly from Amnis IDEAS). And the other screenshot compare image opened by MATLAB-bioformats package, > compared with its original form
>
> I also attach an example .cif file.

>From the screenshots, it looks like export_to_cif_for_later_tiff.cif
is not the file being opened in IDEAS or MATLAB.  Could you please
confirm that the screenshots do indeed represent a different file?  If
so, could you please send a relevant screenshot of
export_to_cif_for_later_tiff.cif being opened/exported in IDEAS?  In
either case, do you have an idea of what the correct X and Y
dimensions should be?  The OME team does not have access to the Amnis
IDEAS software, so any additional information you can provide would be
very helpful for debugging.

Regards,
-Melissa