[ome-users] ERROR: Could not import omero.cli! (No module named Ice)

Lawrence Griffing griffing at tamu.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:09:38 BST 2016

Hi Lawrence

Could you tell us the full set of commands and configuration changes you
ran to install Ice? Were you following the instructions on
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/unix/server-ubuntu1404-ice36.html
when you saw this error, or another document?

Simon

No, I was not using those instructions. I was using the ZeroC instruction
on
https://doc.zeroc.com/display/Ice36/Using+the+Linux+Binary+Distributions#UsingtheLinuxBinaryDistributions-InstallingIceonUbuntu
for the Ice installation and the more general instructions for unix/linux
servers at
on
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/unix/server-installation.html
.

Everything worked fine - except for the three Ice warnings about their
server not being found - until I tried to use the config command in omero.

I see several differences now that you pointed me to the specific
instructions (which I should have seen in the first place - my bad), so
will try this and see if it works.

Thanks,
Lawrence Griffing