[ome-users] fiji bug report - space in name

fujisaws at mskcc.org fujisaws at mskcc.org
Fri Jul 31 15:28:34 BST 2015

I have a similar experience with Bio-Formats Export as Patrick (see below). It bugs out and doesn't export anything.

But I figured out that if the file name had a space, it doesn't export. The function works fine if there's no space in the name. So I wrote a macro to create a name without any spaces, and I was able to export all my images.

Hope this helps.

Sho Fujisawa
Sr. Digital Microscopist
Molecular Cytology Core Facility
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
417 E. 68th St.
Zuckerman Room 1834
New York NY 10065
(212) 639-6667
(646) 888-2186

            <CADN69ykBXDzBsUJxEA6+b8QnLinHSYTnMAd2W0POwTeaqZYhUA at mail.gmail.com<mailto:CADN69ykBXDzBsUJxEA6+b8QnLinHSYTnMAd2W0POwTeaqZYhUA at mail.gmail.com>>

Hi Patrick,

You might be able to obtain more information about what's going wrong using the "debugging JVM hangs" instructions [1] on the ImageJ web site.

You could also try with a different version of Java [2, 3] and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Curtis

[1] http://imagej.net/Debugging#Debugging_JVM_hangs

[2]

http://imagej.net/FAQ#How_do_I_launch_ImageJ_with_a_different_version_of_Java.3F

[3] http://imagej.net/FAQ#How_do_I_set_up_Java_6_on_OS_X.3F

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Patrick Weber <mail.pweber at gmail.com<mailto:mail.pweber at gmail.com>>

wrote:

> Dear all,

> I encountered a problem using the Bio-Formats exporter today. Every

> time I want to use it to export opened and processed (and even

> un-processed) OME.TIFF files, Fiji crashes, i.e. it shows Bio-formats

> exporter in the main window but stops working...

> I already rebooted, restarted Fiji several times, updated to an

> earlier version of Fiji/ImageJ but none of it worked... There is also

> no error message or something.

> Version Information:

> Fiji - Version 1.50a

> Java - 1.8.0_51 (64-bit)

> Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

> I attached a screenshot showing the process after I chose the exporter

> plugin. As I mentioned there is no error message or something, but I

> even have to quit Fiji using the activity monitor.

> Hope you can help me with this. Thanks a lot!

> Patrick

Sho Fujisawa
Sr. Digital Microscopist
Molecular Cytology Core Facility
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
417 E. 68th St.
Zuckerman Room 1834
New York NY 10065
(212) 639-6667
(646) 888-2186

     Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted from
     Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center may be privileged, confidential,
     and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
     you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution,
     copying, or other use of this communication or any of its attachments
     is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
     error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
     and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups
     from your computer.