[ome-users] Request for image format support: SPE (Princeton Instruments)

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Apr 28 21:29:32 BST 2015

Hi Mark,

> I've just found that the SPE format is not supported by Bio-Formats, at
> least, it's not listed here:
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/supported-formats.html.
> The format is by Princeton Instruments, and there is already an ImageJ
> plugins for it: http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/spe.html
>
> I'm attaching the following:
>
>    - Link to the specification by Princeton Instruments:
>    ftp://ftp.princetoninstruments.com/public/Manuals/Princeton%20Instruments/SPE%203.0%20File%20Format%20Specification.pdf
>    - A sample SPE image file

Thank you very much for providing this information.

There is now a ticket on our issue tracking system to add support for
SPE data:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/12852

You have been CC'd, and so will receive an automated email each time the
ticket is updated.  If you prefer not to receive notifications, please
let us know.

Regards,
-Melissa