[ome-users] missing images reading Nikon nd2 files

Balaji Ramalingam b.ramalingam at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:56:38 BST 2014

Hi Karsten,

I tried the to read the nd2 file with both bftools and imageJ, and the results matched (series ordering and image dimensions wise).
Here are my settings,

Bio-Formats Plugins for ImageJ, revision db6d5c5, built 29July 2014
Release : 5.0.2-DEV

ImageJ : 1.49b

Java Version :

java version "1.7.0_51"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

Results from showinf:

Filename = /Volumes/ome/data_repo/from_skyking/nd2/karsten/100720104_TestglasSchott_MM63_C10h.nd2

Series count = 105

Series #0 :

Image count = 3

RGB = false (1)

Interleaved = false

Indexed = false (false color)

Width = 1280

Height = 960

SizeZ = 1

SizeT = 1

SizeC = 3

Thumbnail size = 128 x 96

Endianness = intel (little)

Dimension order = XYCZT (uncertain)

Pixel type = uint8

Valid bits per pixel = 8

Metadata complete = true

Thumbnail series = false

-----

Plane #0 <=> Z 0, C 0, T 0

Plane #1 <=> Z 0, C 1, T 0

Plane #2 <=> Z 0, C 2, T 0

.... Series #104:..

Results from ImageJ:

 BitsPerPixel 8

 DimensionOrder XYCZT

 IsInterleaved false

 IsRGB false

 LittleEndian true

 PixelType uint8

 Series 0 Name 100720104_TestglasSchott_MM63_C10h.nd2 (series 1)

 SizeC 3

 SizeT 1

 SizeX 1280

 SizeY 960

 SizeZ 1

 uiSequenceCount 105

Could you please check the bioformats version via the help section of ImageJ,

Clicking on Help->'About Plugins'-> Bio-Formats Plugins...

Should give you the information, and will help us troubleshoot your issue a little better.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Balaji

Mr Balaji Ramalingam