[ome-users] OMERO 5 install

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Apr 29 11:18:51 BST 2014

On Apr 28, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Mark Woodbridge wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Mark,

> I've just setup a fresh OMERO 5.0.1 installation on RHEL6. It all appears
> to be working fine but there are a couple of errors/warnings in the logs.
> I just wondered if these are something to worry about? The
> libIceStormService.so.33 error suggests something is hard-coded to use Ice
> 3.3 even though I'm using the ice35 version of OMERO and the 3.5 ZeroC RPMs.

Did you copy the etc/grid/* files over? If so, you'll need to replace
any references to 3.3 with 3.5.

> PixelData-0.log:
>
> 	2014-04-28 11:20:31,855 WARN  [ ome.services.util.ServiceHandler] (2-thread-4) DataIntegrityViolationException thrown.
> 	org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into configuration (name, value) values (?,?)]; ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "configuration_pkey"; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "configuration_pkey"

This is a known-issue (http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/10181) that arises infrequently. What version of PostgreSQL are you using?

To workaround, can you try: bin/omero admin ice server stop PixelData-0

Cheers,
~Josh.