[ome-users] Apple OS X 10.9 - Mavericks

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 23 16:48:42 BST 2013

Hi Andrew,

> If any early adopter has any experience of running the OMERO client or
> server under OS X 10.9 we would love to hear how you are getting on.

OMERO.insight 4.4.8p1-ice33-b304 works just fine on my OS X 10.9 system,
connecting to a 4.4.6-ice33-b102 server running on Ubuntu Linux.

I noticed that upgrading to 10.9 removed my
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines folder. It seems that with 10.9
Apple has fully transitioned Java installations over to
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines -- for the last couple of releases,
installations were mixed and duplicated between the two depending on the
situation. For those curious, I have a script that analyzes this stuff at:
https://github.com/ctrueden/ctr-scripts/blob/master/java-info

In general, installing 10.9 freed over 70 GB of hard disk space on my
primary drive, which I found very surprising. But all my dev tools still
seem to be working, so no complaints yet!

Regards,
Curtis