[ome-users] OMERO 4.4 upgrade

Mark Woodbridge m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 14:18:45 BST 2012

Hi,

Just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 - looking really good. We switched from
mod_python to fcgi in the process. We have a single front-end proxy that
terminates https (i.e. OMERO.web only sees http). Managed to get Django
to produce correct absolute URLs by using ProxyPreserveHost in mod_proxy
and by adding "SetEnv HTTPS 1" to first Directory stanza in the
auto-generated OMERO.web Apache config. Came across the mixed content
problem (http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9433). It can be
solved by using a protocol relative URL in webstart_insight_toolbar.html
i.e:

<script src="//www.java.com/js/deployJava.js"></script>

Apart from that it was the easiest upgrade so far, and definitely worth
it for the new design of OMERO.web. And having (almost) everything under
/omero is a big improvement if (like us) you can't run OMERO on it's own
subdomain.

Many thanks,

Mark.