[ome-users] Expanding binary repository across multiple drives?

Burkhard Höckendorf burkhard.hoeckendorf at cos.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 6 12:10:26 BST 2011

Hi all,

this is my first mail to the list, so first of all I would like to ask
whether there is a FAQ that I should read. I didn't find anything and
the archive seems browsable, but non-searchable.

I have just started an OMERO server and I am really happy about it.
Great tool, thanks for working on this!

Here are my questions:
We will have to expand the space for the binary repository at some
point. What is the best way to do this? As far as I understand we can
add another drive to the server, create an additional repository on that
drive and access it through a separate server instance, although both
servers would be running on the same physical machine.

Is it also possible to access both repositories through the same server
instance? If so, would the 2 repositories be independent such that every
dataset completely resides in only one of them, and inavailability of
one repo wouldn't affect the datasets in the other? Is there an
alternative way that I'm missing?

Thanks and best wishes,
Burkhard