[ome-users] OMERO functionality

jburel j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 06:59:00 GMT 2011

Dear Kim
On 1 Nov 2011, at 03:29, Kim Linton wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am a new user of OMERO and have a few quick questions please
> *hopefully they haven't been answered before*.
>
> In relation to groups:
>
> 1) if I add images to project data sets while I am in collaboration
> group - I can only see these images while I am in the collaboration
> group (not when I am in my private group aswell).

You can only see data of a given group at a time. You can switch
between groups when you log in or when you are already log in.

> Regardless of which group I am publishing my images to is there a
> consolidated list somewhere of all my images?

The clients do not offer such view i.e. all the images regardless of
the group context.

> 2) If I upload images to the collaboration group I am unable to see
> these images via the OMERO plug in for ImageJ. Not sure what I am
> doing wrong here....

You will be able to see the images if the collaborative group is your
"default" group i.e. when you log in using OMERO.web or OMERO.insight
make sure that the collaborative group is the one you are logged into.

> Archive
> 3) If I upload a file and select the Archive option, should I be
> able to use the OMERO plug in for ImageJ considering that it saves
> as the original file type and the OME-TIFF file type?

You can use the plugin for any images even if the archived button is
not selected. The plugin uses Bio-Formats to read the data and assumes
that you already have it i.e. you must have  "loci_tools.jar" in
ImageJ/plugins.

Improving  the plugin is something that we will be working on in the
coming months to offer much more functionalities.

Regards

Jmarie