[ome-users] number of institutions using OMERO

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 18:37:34 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Jason Swedlow
<jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
> How long to install OMERO?  With a vanilla install of Ubuntu 10.04, I
> followed the instructions at
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=665
> and was up and running in about 25 mins.  The bulk of the work is getting
> the system integrated into your own environment, especially with the tools
> that your scientists  use for image analysis and processing.

On a related note, to what extent have people had experience with
integrating vendor (proprietrary) software with an OMERO
infrastructure? I see  a number of threads where people have plugged
in their own custom code. In our case for example, we use MetaXpress -
but currently this has to remain a standalone system since, as far as
I can tell, there is no way for it to work with OMERO.

While we have other platforms (Incell etc) that could make use of
OMERO and could write our own image analysis code, we also have vendor
s/w that we'd like to run - but as far as I can tell won't work
directly with OMERO.

I know that the Columbus system is one such example. Are there any
other commericial systems that will work with OMERO? Has anybody had
luck with working with a vendor customizing their s/w to work with
OMERO?

Thanks,

--
Rajarshi Guha