[ome-users] Adding LDAP to user

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Jun 20 19:31:56 BST 2011

Bernie,

glad to hear it! If you are more adventurous (which roughly means having the "ldap" module installed for Python), then you can try the "discover" command:

~/git/dist $ bin/omero ldap discover --commands --urls=ldap://localhost:1389 --base=ou=lifesci,o=dundee
Connecting to ldap://localhost:1389...
bin/omero ldap setdn root uid=root,ou=people,ou=lifesci,o=dundee
bin/omero ldap setdn colin uidnumber=cccc,ou=ddd,ou=people,ou=lifesci,o=dundee
bin/omero ldap setdn jmoore uidnumber=xxx,ou=yyy,ou=people,ou=lifesci,o=dundee
bin/omero ldap setdn jburel cn=jburel,ou=zzz,ou=people,ou=lifesci,o=dundee

which are commands that you can cut and paste into bash. The use of --urls and --base is only necessary if the proper configuration values aren't present in the output of bin/omero config. Be careful of the "root" entry though. You almost certainly do NOT want your root entry based on LDAP. ~J.

Cheers,
~Josh