[ome-users] Adding LDAP to user

Josh Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 10:16:06 BST 2011

Hi Bernie et al.

~/git/dist $ bin/omero ldap setdn --help
usage: bin/omero ldap setdn [-h] username dn

Set DN for user

Positional Arguments:
  username            User's OMERO login name
  dn                  User's LDAP distinguished name. If empty, LDAP will be disabled for the user

Optional Arguments:
  In addition to any higher level options

  -h, --help          show this help message and exit

Note: once the DN is set for a user, the password set via OMERO is ignored, and any attempt to change it will result in an error. When you remove the DN, the previous password will be in effect, but if the user never had a password, one will need to be set!

Hope that helps.
~Josh