[ome-users] Sharing with OMERO.web

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 21:08:18 GMT 2010

Thanks Josh. Sharing the user's password with other users isn't possible at the moment (because we authenticate against the university's directory service) but it would be ok once he has left because we can change his account to make it local to OMERO.

I guess this is a use case that will be covered by your redesign of the sharing capabilities - in this case read-only access to a deactivated user's images, including the project/dataset hierarchy and any annotations. The other functionality that might be good is the ability to reassign (or copy) images to a new user so that they become the owner, with read-write access. Finally, it would be great if a user could download a dump of their (raw) images so they could write them to a DVD when they leave. This relates to my previous message about access to full datasets at some point after archival (e.g. Leica projects).

Mark.