[ome-users] 4.1.0 fails to start

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Oct 30 15:14:24 GMT 2009

Hey Josh-

>> Data access exception: Did you create your database?
>
>Could I get the whole log? There may be a clue buried in there somewhere.
>

>This certainly looks good. What's the value from:
>
>psql -h localhost -U omero -c "select * from dbpatch"

Well there's the clue.  This returns an error.  A quick look at the database show the source of the problem - Blitz works much better when you don't have an empty database.  I managed to trash it somehow; re-running the db config script has got OMERO running again.  Oops.

 >> Perhaps it's python - DropBox complains:

>In general, Blitz doesn't depend on any of the other services, only
>the other way around. The DropBox error is just saying your missing a
>required library, so DropBox won't work for you.

 >> 2009-10-29 12:41:41,141 ERROR [                        fsclient.DropBox] (MainThread) System
 >> requirements not met:
 >> Traceback (most recent call last):
 >>   File "lib/python/fsDropBox.py", line 66, in run
 >>     fsUtil.monitorPackage()
 >>   File "/home/mrmike/Documents/omero-Beta4.1.0/lib/python/fsUtil.py", line 117, in monitorPac
 >> kage
 >>     raise Exception("Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor unavailable: " + errorString)
 >> Exception: Libraries required by OMERO.fs monitor unavailable: pynotify version 0.8.6 is not
 >> compatible with Python 2.4. Install 0.8.5 or lower to use DropBox

I'm still getting this error; is DropBox not compatible with Python 2.6/pynotify 0.8.6?
Perhaps this is related to the problem reported in diagnostics?

>Thanks for catching this. "diagnostics" was looking for a version of
>the form "2.5.4" and "2.6" sadly confused it.

I'm still seeing the following errors related to file lock and a socket exception; I'm more concerned about the socket exception - have I botched Ice somehow?

Oct 30, 2009 10:00:41 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences checkLockFile0Err
orCode
WARNING: Could not lock System prefs. Unix error code 0.
Oct 30, 2009 10:00:41 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences syncWorld
WARNING: Couldn't flush system prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Cou
ldn't get file lock.
10/30/09 10:00:41.511 OMERO.Glacier2: error: service caught unhandled exception:
Network.cpp:1083: Ice::SocketException:
socket exception: Address already in use
Oct 30, 2009 10:00:41 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences checkLockFile0Err
orCode
WARNING: Could not lock System prefs. Unix error code 0.
Oct 30, 2009 10:00:41 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences syncWorld
WARNING: Couldn't flush system prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Cou
ldn't get file lock.
10/30/09 10:00:42.023 OMERO.Glacier2: error: service caught unhandled exception:
Network.cpp:1083: Ice::SocketException:
socket exception: Address already in use

Thanks again!
Mike