[ome-users] icegridnode

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 09:12:04 BST 2009

Stephen Ogg writes:
 > Hi All-

Hi Stephen,

 > I am trying to install omero4 server on a Mac Xserve running OS X
 > 10.5.6. I have also hit a snag
 >
 > after issuing the bin/omero admin start command, I get the following
 > error after the "No descriptor given. Using etc/grid/default.xml"
 >
 > icegridnode: failure occurred in daemon

This almost certainly means that the icegridnode process is already
running. You can check in var/log/master.err to see if that's the
case, or use: ps auxww | grep icegridnode

Had you already tried stopping it with "/bin/omero admin stop"? If
not, that's definitely the place to start. If you had, and it didn't
stop, getting your log files zipped up and the output of the "ps"
command would be useful, but one way or the other it's also safe to
shutdown the server via: killall icegridnode.

 > output of which:
 >
 > /opt/local/bin/icebox
 > /opt/local/bin/icegridnode
 > /opt/local/icegridregistry