[ome-users] Making Omero work with Ice

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Mar 27 11:15:09 GMT 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks, that was the problem. I forgot I had to rebuild after 'svn up'.

That log was from an omero3.2 server I set up just for tests, but it's not
important now that I built omero4. Now bin/omero db script worked and I
created the database with

psql omero4 -U omero -h localhost < OMERO4__0.sql

but when I run

bin/omero admin start

it still fails. I am attaching the logs, but this bit doesn't seem good:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication
failed for user "omero"

Is it getting the database user and password from etc/omero.properties? I
think that is correctly set, and

psql -U omero -h localhost omero4

works, with password omero, which is what I put in etc/local.properties and
etc/omero.properties .

Thank you,
Paulo