[ome-users] Making Omero work with Ice

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Mar 26 20:00:33 GMT 2009

Hi Josh,

Thank you very much for the instructions. Regarding your questions, I saw the
adduser option when I ran /bin/omero admin with no argument. That returns
usage instructions that include 'adduser' as an option. Command line addition
is not important to us, I was trying that because I thought it was the only
way.

But now I'm not sure I'm using the right version. I have been using svn and
just did 'svn up' (at revision 4134), but when I tried:

bin/omero db script

I got:

Unknown command: db script

Running bin/omero without arguments and typing '?' gives me this list of
commands:

admin
 config
 download
 help
 load
 node
 quit
 script
 server
 setup
 submit
 upload
 version

The version is "OmeroCli client, version 1.0".

I also tried installing omero3.2 and I get the same error when creating the
session within an omero script:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/palmeida/OMERO_test/OMERO/dist/lib/omero/__init__.py", line 334,
in createSession
    prx = self.getRouter(self.__ic).createSession(username, password)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Glacier2_Router_ice.py", line 104,
in createSession
    return _M_Glacier2.Router._op_createSession.invoke(self, ((userId,
password), _ctx))
Ice.ConnectionRefusedException: Ice.ConnectionRefusedException:
Connection refused

I am attaching omero-Beta3.2/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/log/server.log in
case it may help understand that error.

Thanks again,
Paulo