[ome-users] Importing legacy .mdb Zeiss databases

Alexandre Cunha cunha at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:26:07 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have sent the following question to the Bio-formats folks and thought to also
seek help here.

We are starting to move diverse proprietary databases (mainly Zeiss) from one
of the Biology labs here on campus to OMERO. A typical lab user has a directory
per project and a .mdb database file in that directory that I believe refers to
the many .lsm image files in that same directory.

My question is: is there a way in OMERO to directly read the many .mdb files
and save each as a OMERO database (or project) ? We would like to avoid
rebuilding each database and if possible store legacy databases seamlessly in
OMERO.

I appreciate receiving your suggestions.
Many thanks,
- Alex.