[ome-users] Please do not post the same message to ome-devl AND ome-users

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Aug 17 09:08:33 BST 2009

Dear all,

  We've noticed recently that several messages have been sent to both
the ome-users and ome-devel mailing lists.

This is really annoying for those of us who are on both lists,
especially since all the replies to these e-mails also get sent to
both lists.

Please choose the most appropriate list for your question:

OME-DEVEL is for developers and those with technical questions,
including installation trouble-shooting etc.
OME-USERS is for users of the software and is intended for less
technical questions.

We'd like to think that a biologist could join the OME-USERS list and
not be too annoyed by all the techie questions!

Most of the people who are likely to help you with any issues are
going to be on both lists, so you are unlikely to get a better
response by posting to both lists.

  Many thanks,

   Will.

William Moore
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression
College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Scotland
DD1 5PH