[ome-users] Errors/Exceptions while staring Omero

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Apr 27 13:34:28 BST 2009

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar writes:
 > Hi,

Hi Sriram,

 > I am using OMERO Beta 3.2. I am facing few problems in this
 > version.

Sorry about the slow response. We've been wrangling with the latest
version 4.0.1, but let's see what we can do for 3.2

 > While starting Omero Server, I am seeing lot of exceptions.

The only errors I see in the server.log are related to the web
application. Can you use WebAdmin? If that's the only thing which is
not functioning properly, this may be a case of a corrupted
jar/zip. You might try unpacking them again from the original download.

 > Also the search functionality in Omero Insight is not working
 > properly sometimes. I could not able to figure out the exact reason
 > for this problems.

Could you tell us what you mean by not working properly? In your log,
there are entires of the form:

2009-04-22 16:17:00,295 ... Indexed: ome.model.core.Pixels:Id_450

which says the indexer is working. Is it possible that the indexer is
too slow? I.e. you uploaded several files and the index wasn't yet
up-to-date when you tried searching?

 > I am hereby attaching the server logs in this email. It
 > could be really helpful if anyone can assist me in this problem.
 >

 > Thanks & Regards,
 > Sriram.

Hope that helps. If not, is upgrading an option for you?
~Josh.