[ome-users] Error: Could not access the local server

Smith, Stuart C Stuart.C.Smith at pfizer.com
Thu Apr 23 10:36:07 BST 2009

I rebooted the PC and the service seems to be starting fine within the
windows services screen, although the mentioned error still appears.  I
therefore "stopped" & "restarted" the "omero.master" from within windows
services, but still unable to connect to the web admin pages.

I therefore run "bin\omero admin stop" and removed the "omero.master"
service, then run "bin\omero admin start" and checked that the service
was installed & started.  Tried to connect to the web admin page & it
wouldn't load.

When I ran "bin\omero admin start" I got the below, I trust this is
correct?

*********************
C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin start
No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: OMERO.master
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 2  START_PENDING

(NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x7d0
        PID                : 3696
        FLAGS              :

Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
.
C:\omero_dist>

Anyway, I restarted the PC and still get the error.  The Event log
show...

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	OMERO.master
Event Category:	None