[ome-users] Error: Could not access the local server

Smith, Stuart C Stuart.C.Smith at pfizer.com
Thu Apr 23 09:42:12 BST 2009

I have managed to get 4.0.1 running on a WinXP box, but having a few
minor problems...

When the PC starts up and I log into Windows, I get the error box appear
"could not access the local server".

I suspect this is because the server has not yet started as I have to
start this manually.  Is there a way to prevent this error happening or
getting the server to start automatically?

Currently I have a .bat file in startup to start the server, but the
error appears before the .bat file has time to complete.  I know it's
not a major issue, just seems a little untidy.