[ome-users] Deleting Images, Resetting OMERO and Javadocs...

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Apr 21 13:39:03 BST 2009

Hi Jerome,

Jerome Avondo writes:
 > I have three questions regarding OMERO Beta 4.0.1
 >
 > 1)
 > I am having an issue with the deletion of images using
 > OMERO.insight on a fresh OMERO Beta 4.0.1 server. Not sure if this
 > is an issue with how I installed OMERO or if it is a bug. But if
 > anyone could point me in the right direction to solve/understand
 > this I would be very grateful. I have attached the error message to
 > this email.

This is a server bug, which we're looking into. Thanks for sending the
log file.

 > 2)
 > I have a second server up that I use for development/testing, I
 > would like to reset the server by clearing all the contents, so my
 > question is how do I do this?
 >
 > Is it a simple case of just doing a dropdb and dropuser on the
 > omero database/user and then deleting the contents of the /OMERO/
 > filestore directory? And then just re-running through the
 > database/user installation procedure as shown on:
 > http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero4/server/installation

For development/testing, it's as simple as:

 dropdb omero
 createdb omero
 createlang plpgsql omero
 psql omero < OMERO4__0.sql

(with the proper additions of -O and -U for handling database
ownership). There's no reason to drop the database user, or really
even to delete the /OMERO/ directory unless you want to save
space. Again, for development only.

 > 3)
 > Is there any Javadoc for the Java API for OMERO? I did have a look
 > on trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk, and from what I could see there it
 > should be up at:
 > http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/
 >
 > But there is nothing up at that page. I just get a "Status Code:  404" error.

That is the appropriate link, but a recent upgrade of hudson may have
left the javadoc plugin broken. I'll try to track down what's wrong,
and then send another email.

By the way, if you are looking for the 4.0 javadoc, please see:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO-Beta4.0/javadoc/

once the plugin is fixed. "OMERO/javadoc" is built from trunk and so
may vary somewhat.

 > Thats it really, Thanks for your time and for the great work you
 > are putting in the OMERO project...

Best wishes,
~Josh