[ome-users] omero 4.0.1 beta, configure to listen on other than loopback

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 09:36:09 BST 2009

Hi Steve,

what method are you using for starting the webadmin? If you are using
the "Configuration for Django Web server (non-production)" section,
then you will need to modify etc\grid\templates.xml:

    <server-template id="WebTemplate">
      <parameter name="act" default="on-demand"/>
      <server id="Web" exe="python" activation="${act}" pwd="${OMEROPY_HOME}omeroweb">
        <option>manage.py</option>
        <option>runserver</option>
        <option>--noreload</option>
        <env>${PYTHONPATH}</env>
        <adapter name="WebAdapter" register-process="true" endpoints="tcp" server-lifetime="false"/>
      </server>
    </server-template>

by adding after --noreload:

        <option>10.0.0.1:8000</option><!-- your ip & port here -->

but remember, by doing so you are possibly making a non-production
configuration available to the world. Do so with caution.

Best wishes,
~J.