[ome-users] omero 4.0 beta login problems

Steve Guerrero guerrero.steve at gene.com
Thu Apr 16 19:34:39 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help.  I tried logging in as root with the password I
assigned in the part you mentioned (in fact I have only used one
password for everything so far, just to simplify my testing), but no
luck, it still won't log in.

I noticed there was a previous thread where someone had a similar
problem to mine that turned out to be a problem with their postgres
installation (the thread subject: "Omero Beta 4 installation problems").

Although in my case, I only have one install of postgres, and that's
from a fresh install of ubuntu server, could it also be something
related to the db connectivity?  How might I test it?  This simple test
seems to be successful:

calm at omeserver1:~/ome/omero-Beta4.0.0$ psql -h localhost -U omero -l
Password for user omero:
         List of databases
    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
  omero     | omero    | UTF8