[ome-users] Defining the size of pixels

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Fri Apr 3 11:48:44 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 10:06 +0000, Paulo Almeida wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Paulo.

> I have a user who produces mostly electron microscopy images in TIFF format
> and he then adds a layer with the scale, in Photoshop. He would like to try
> Omero, but he needs to be able to change the pixel size, because it is not
> correct in the metadata. This wouldn't necessarily be done at the level of
> original metadata; it would be enough to have an option in the measurement
> tool to input a pixel size. Is this possible, or feasible?

Absolutely.

In fact we've had this functionality for a while in the Importer. It's
available on the "Metadata Defaults" tab of the "Add to Queue" dialog.
There is however a slight snag in that it does not respect the user's
choice. I've CC'd you on the ticket. This should be fixed in 4.0.1.

> Alternatively, he could store the images he creates in Photoshop, but then he
> would need a file format with support for layers that Photoshop (or similar)
> can save and Omero can read. Do you know if that exists?
>
> Thanks,
> Paulo

Ciao.

-Chris