[ome-users] Building OmeroCpp

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 11:25:16 BST 2009

Ciao, Mario & Bernhard. Having you guys around is so great!

So, to recap:

Mario Valle writes:

 > Maybe OSX is not to blame. It is entirely possible I have written a
 > malformed CPPPATH. So scons ignores it and use the default. Now I
 > cannot check, hopefully next week.

Understood. CPPPATH gets appended to the overall list of search
directories, so that sounds expected.

 > Anyway, in my opinion this is still a workaround, ICE_HOME should not be
 > ignored by the build process.

Agreed. I assume you saw

   https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1299

a fix for which has been committed. Thanks for tracking this down!

 > Bernhard Voigt wrote:
 > > I did run into the same problem. Setting the following environment
 > > vars solved compilation errors (scons recognizes those, see
 > > http://www.scons.org/doc/1.2.0/HTML/scons-user/a4774.html for a
 > > complete list)
 > >
 > > export CXXFLAGS=-Wno-error  # otherwise the deprecation warnings will
 > > cause errors
 > > export CPPPATH=/opt/Ice-3.3/include/
 > > export LIBPATH=/opt/Ice-3.3/lib64/
 > >
 > > By the way, I compile OmeroCpp on OpenSuse11.1.

These are, of course, the right flags to edit if you want to have more
control over the build. See:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroBuild#scons

for a listing. Bernhard, could you provide me with the compilation
errors without -Wno-error?

These warnings are harmless, and are new in Python 2.6. I've upgraded
scons to the lastest version which I know has improvements for Python
2.6, but I don't know if these have gone away. If anyone could let me
know, that'd be great.

Right, it was a straight-forward but unpleasant bug which should be
gone now. I'm interested, however, Mario, what order you think the
options 1 & 4 should be used in, and if you think 3 would be useful.

Please! :)

Pleasant weekend everyone.
~Josh.