[ome-users] Importing LEICA .lif files into OMERO beta4

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Apr 2 16:18:00 BST 2009

Hi Caterina,

For what it's worth, I imported some Leica .lif files successfully (probably
from an SP5 confocal, but I'm not sure). I grabbed the metadata of one of
them in case it may be useful to determine why yours fail:

Dimensions (XY) [px] 	512 x 512
Pixel size (XYZ) [µm] 	0.16017677 x 0.16017677 x 0.50020266
Z-sections 	39
Timepoints 	1

I do have a problem. I imported several .lif files and they were all named
Series001 in Omero (actually, Omero generated a Series001 and a
Series001_ProjMax001 for each of them), which I suspect won't be convenient
for researchers. I don't know if that's a problem with my files, but I am
going to talk with a user this afternoon (she talked to Jean Marie when he
was here) and see how it works with hers.

Regards,
Paulo