[ome-users] Out of Memory Exception and Omero Insight Login problem

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar sriramkumar at uky.edu
Wed Nov 5 19:56:15 GMT 2008

Hi,
I have installed OMERO on Windows.
I would like to thank OME users community for helping me in installing OMERO.
Currently I am facing a problem in OMERO.
After logging, it throws out of memory exception after some time
This are the errors displayed on the OMERO page,

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/pages/searchInLdap.jsp] PermGen space'
[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/pages/imports.jsp] PermGen space'
[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/pages/experimenters.jsp] PermGen space'

I have checked the batch file "run" in JBoss. The max heap memory is set to 512.
Please find the line in run batch file,

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m

I dont know why I am getting out of memory exception here.
Could anyone please help me to resolve this problem?

And also I have tried logging in omero.insight. It is not authenticating with default username and password root/omero ( However it is possible for me to log in to server with this credentials).

It could be really helpful if any one can assist me in solving above problems.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram.