[ome-users] Simple Question, OME or OMERO?

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Thu Jan 17 11:48:13 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am looking at database solutions for microscopy images. The lab I work in generates substantial quantities of 3D, 4D datasets with various imaging methods.

As I understand currently the Open Microscopy Environment group has two solutions on offer;

1) the older OME system
2) or the newer beta OMERO system

It is not clear from your site which is the solution new adopters should jump aboard. Is the OMERO beta at a stage that this can be used in the real world, or would you recomend sticking with the older non-beta OME solution. What are the PROS/CONS of each solution you offer?

If you could point me in the right direction to make this decision I would be very greatful.

many thanks & kind regards,

jerome.